Resort jobs and ranch work in the interior of BC. At Siwash Lake, we build world-class, multi-tasking teams. We offer seasonal employment, internships, and long term career positions in the high-end adventure tourism industry.
|We employ energetic, hard working individuals for a variety of resort jobs and ranch jobs in numerous areas of our operation.
Are you eager to learn? Can you thrive in a remote wilderness setting? Is clear communication important to you? Do you have high standards, and are you driven to nail the details each and every time? Do you value an active lifestyle, and are you passionate about the outdoors?
If making great things happen with a small, collaborative, highly motivated team in the midst of a beautiful, regenerating ecosystem sounds like a dream job to you, then we invite you to apply for our upcoming season!
We’ll help you to grow as a person, develop your skills, and learn valuable lifelong lessons while working at Siwash Lake, but there are many other benefits of a resort job:
Resort Employment — What's in it for YOU
- We offer competitive wages within our industry. Remuneration packages increase in line with the level of growth and performance.
- We tailor resort job descriptions to fit the personalities and abilities of each individual.
- We recognize the efforts and successes of our top performing, returning resort staff with incentives.
- Help save the Earth! Be part of a world class hospitality team that is extremely passionate about sustainability and environmental stewardship
- You can enjoy some truly wonderful wilderness activities during your leisure time at the resort. You’ll experience a healthy and active lifestyle, both on the job and off the job.
- We offer discounted trips for your families and friends.
- We provide you with job training and the opportunities to learn new skills, to multi-task and to advance.
- We offer a variety of resort job contracts with varying work schedules.
- We provide accommodation for live-in workers and those who live local may commute to work.
- Wireless Internet service is available in the staff lounge for you to check email with your own device during applicable hours daily.
- There are plenty of opportunities to make valuable contacts – to make friends and meet guests from around the world and you will be surrounded by quality people.
- It’s our goal to hire you for the long term, and we’ll do our best to invite you back for ensuing seasons.
Chefs view job posting
Servers view job posting
Housekeepers view job posting
Archery Guides view job posting
Fly Fishing Guides view job posting
Marksmanship Guides view job posting
Wrangler/Riding Guides view job posting
Wilderness Adventure Guides view job posting
Marketing & Sales Coordinator view job posting
*Owing to the number of applications that we receive, please be advised that we will only acknowledge those that we deem promising for this season's openings. Others we may not acknowledge, but will keep on file for the future, or in case we need someone in a hurry mid-season. If you don't hear back from us this year, please feel free to re-apply next year.
Resort Staff Profile"Hello, my name is Nikki. I am from Vancouver Island, BC. I was a member of the Siwash Guest Services Team in the summer...
|When new guests arrived at the ranch, it was my pleasure to show them around the lodge and get them acquainted with the nice pace of country life. Each day, I set the dining room tables with a miniature bouquet of wildflowers from the meadow, I delivered warm muffins and coffee to each guest room and I swept the front porch, which was always adorned with one of our happy sleeping dogs.
Hanging freshly washed linens on the clothesline, composting organics and building a fire for the evening, was all part of my work.
From any window in the lodge it is a memory postcard, whether it be the lake or the riders setting out on the trails. All these marvels, even the sky at night and the silence of dusk is something that can't be described.
|I knew each of the 26 horses by name and recognized their individual whinny or knicker from outside my tent door.
As I left the resort in the fall, bound for the city with well worn gumboots and a green thumb, I was a little more of a country girl — and the Siwash Lake Team had changed to the Siwash Lake Family.
What an amazing experience and environment in which to grow, for staff and guests alike."
Siwash Lake Staff Quarters for Live-in Workers
Heated and furnished wall tent with AC power
(Junior staff will share with 2 or 3 to a tent, dorm style)