Booking PoliciesOur off-grid luxury wilderness lodge and tented camp at Siwash Lake Ranch was established 25+ years ago. During this time, we've fine-tuned our terms and conditions to optimize the guest experience — in keeping with the other top wilderness lodges in Canada, and while adhering to world standards. We have very well-seasoned policies and procedures. At our intimate-sized resort, space is in high demand. We encourage early booking to avoid disappointment.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE DAYS
Mondays and Fridays with 3, 4, and 7 night stays available. In peak periods, a minimum 7 night stay may apply.
CHECK IN & CHECK OUT TIMES
Check in between 3-6pm
Check out by 11am
The all-inclusive rate includes accommodation, food and beverages, alcohol, guided activities and full use of facilities between dawn and dusk for self guided activities.
There are no guided activities offered on arrival and departure days, however a wide selection of self-guided activities is available on these days. Helicopter adventure, wellness services, reserve wines, transportation to and from the resort, applicable taxes, and gratuities are excluded.
Accommodations are assigned upon request at time of booking based on availability. Accommodations have differing minimum occupancy rates.
25% deposit is payable by bank wire transfer, bank to bank transfer, or e-transfer at time of booking to secure your reservation. The balance is due not less than 90 days prior to arrival date, by bank wire transfer, bank to bank transfer, or e-transfer. Rates are billed in Canadian dollars.
Total taxes (as applicable) are 13% including Canadian Goods and Services Tax (GST), Provincial Sales Tax (PST), and Provincial Hotel Tax (MRDT). A 10% resort fee may be applied in peak season to cover facility incidentals such as fishing licenses, boot rental, fly fishing gear, binoculars, yoga mats, transfers in and around the resort, etc. and it also covers an on-site Conservation Levy (ECO). The conservation and environmental levy is guests' contribution towards SLWR's commitment to fair trade, ethical farming practices, growing food at the Resort and purchasing from local suppliers whenever possible. It helps the Resort maintain a minimal environmental footprint and supports sustainability initiatives, land stewardship and conservation projects. Siwash Lake Wilderness Resort is Platinum certified for sustainability based on rigorous third party audits, at least every two years.
The resort fee is 10% and covers extra services including fishing licenses, use of cowboy boots, bikes, kayaks, canoes, binoculars, yoga mats, hand held radios for guests when they are out walking on their own, transportation around the resort and to the activities, stocking of in-room refreshment centers etc.
Gratuities are not included. At Siwash Lake, a gratuity payment at end of stay is completely optional at guest discretion, and is divided amongst the whole team based on the number of days and hours worked per individual. $100-$250 CAD/staff member is generous. Currently we have a team of fourteen on site. Cash or e-transfer at the end of guest stay may pay gratuities. Our General Manager pools and distributes gratuity payments for the entire team on behalf of guests — please refrain from tipping individual staff members.
TRIP ENHANCEMENTS & INCIDENTALS
Cash or e-transfer at the end of guest stay may pay for incidental charges and trip enhancements (i.e. massage services and off-site excursions).
Cancellations and Booking Amendments
General Resort Terms & Conditions
- If for any reason SLWR cannot deliver a specified component of the facilities, activities and/or services during guests' stay, SLWR reserves the right to offer a reasonable alternative without liability.
- All activities and experiences are subject to weather and other outdoor conditions at discretion of management
- Each guest will follow all rules of conduct and other health and safety policies for Siwash Lake Wilderness Resort as these are established by SLWR from time to time and as posted in guest room information books.
- Physical distancing and mask wearing guidelines will apply during times of active pandemic as dictated by the BC Centre for disease control and the World Health Organization.
- While at the Resort all children to the age of 7 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Guests are advised that disrespectful, offensive or abusive behavior will not be tolerated and may result in refusal of service and/or ejection from the Resort property without refund, adjustment or credit by SLWR.
- Guests are advised that pets of any kind are not permitted at the Resort.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT (hereinafter "the Release Agreement")
When signing their Booking Agreement, guests must acknowledge that they have read and understood this Release Agreement in favour of SLWR
Prior to arrival each guest will be required to complete sign and return to SLWR within the time required (SLWR will provide all relevant forms and signing instructions):
- The Release Agreement; and
- A Guest Registration & Profile form in respect of requested Resort activities, dietary concerns, etc.
- A health screening questionnaire and declaration prior to arrival (during times of pandemic only).
- Proof of travel medical and cancellation insurance
Guests are solely responsible for:
- Compliance with Canadian entry and customs requirements;
- Appropriate clothing and footwear;
- Travel arrangements to and from SLWR;
- Travel and medical insurance coverage.
The landscape in and around the Resort has been altered due to a significant wildfire event in 2017.