Booking Policies & GuidelinesOur off-grid luxury wilderness lodge and tented camp at Siwash Lake Ranch was established 25+ years ago. During this time, we've fine-tuned our terms and conditions to optimize the guest experience — in keeping with the other top wilderness lodges in Canada, the top guest ranches in the USA, and while adhering to world standards. We have very well-seasoned policies and procedures. At our intimate-sized resort, space is in high demand. We encourage early booking to avoid disappointment.
ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE DAYS & MINIMUM STAYS
Guests may arrive and depart any day of the week when self-driving to the ranch. Our transfer package from Vancouver, with flights and ground transfers, is available any day of the week for 5, 6, and 7 night stays, when guests book our signature 'Find Your Wild' package. A 3-night minimum stay is always in effect, regardless of the package booked. In peak periods, a minimum 4 or 7 night stay may apply.
Check in between 3-6pm
Check out by 11am
All of our packages include accommodation, food and beverages, alcohol, and full use of facilities and amenities between dawn and dusk for self guided activities. For our signature, fully all-inclusive 'Find Your Wild' package, a party of guests is assigned one private guide for one half-day activity each morning, and one half day activity each afternoon. Guests may book additional guides for additional activities, when available, for an extra cost. For all of our limited time Special Offers please refer to the specific inclusion details listed for each individual package.
There are no guided activities offered on arrival and departure days, however a wide selection of self-guided activities is available on these days. Full-day adventures, wellness services, taxes, resort fee, and transportation to and from the resort, are excluded (except for guests who book a 7-night stay with the 'Find Your Wild' package, return transfers are included from Vancouver). Half-day privately guided adventures may or may not be included, depending on guests' choice of package.
Accommodations are assigned upon request at time of booking based on availability. Accommodations have differing minimum occupancy rates.
25% deposit is payable by bank wire transfer, bank to bank transfer, or e-transfer at time of booking to secure your reservation. The balance is due not less than 90 days prior to arrival date, by bank wire transfer, bank to bank transfer, or e-transfer. Rates are billed in Canadian dollars.
Total taxes are 13%, including Canadian Goods and Services Tax (GST), Provincial Sales Tax (PST), Provincial Hotel Accommodation Tax (MRDT), and an on-site Conservation Levy (ECO). The conservation and environmental levy is guests' contribution towards SLWR's commitment to fair trade, ethical farming practices, growing food at the ranch and purchasing from local suppliers whenever possible. It helps the ranch maintain a minimal environmental footprint and supports sustainability initiatives, land stewardship and conservation projects. Siwash Lake Wilderness Resort is Platinum certified for sustainability based on a rigorous third party audit, every two years.
A 5% resort fee is calculated on the pre-tax bill and is applied toward the extraordinary costs of natural resource management, operating in a highly remote location, and regulatory fees for guest recreational permits and licensing.
Siwash Lake is a gratuity-free resort — staff members do not work for tips. Our staff is dedicated to ensuring all guests have a memorable vacation. Accordingly, all staff members are well-compensated and highly valued by the management and owners. If you’d like to recognize exemplary service, a kind note, a review on social media or a “thank you” is always appreciated, but never expected. We look forward to serving you!
TRIP ENHANCEMENTS & INCIDENTALS
Cash or e-transfer at the end of guest stay may pay for incidental charges and trip enhancements (i.e. massage services and off-site excursions).
Cancellations and Booking Amendments
General Resort Terms & Conditions
- Each party of guests is allocated one private guide for one activity each morning and one activity each afternoon per day. Subject to availability, guests may engage a second guide for an additional activity at extra cost, with a minimum of two guests required to do so. Self-guided activities are available between dawn and dusk.
- All activities and experiences are subject to weather and other outdoor conditions at discretion of management.
- If for any reason SLWR cannot deliver a specified component of the facilities, activities and/or services during guests' stay, SLWR reserves the right to offer a reasonable alternative without liability.
- Each guest will follow all rules of conduct and other health and safety policies for Siwash Lake Wilderness Resort as these are established by SLWR from time to time and as posted in guest room information books.
- Physical distancing and mask wearing guidelines will apply during times of active pandemic as dictated by the BC Centre for disease control and the World Health Organization.
- While at the Resort all children to the age of 7 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Guests are advised that disrespectful, offensive or abusive behavior will not be tolerated and may result in refusal of service and/or ejection from the Resort property without refund, adjustment or credit by SLWR.
- Siwash Lake authorizes the use of its name in association with quality images taken by guests while at the property. Guests may share their photos and reels on social media provided they use the hashtag #SiwashLake. In turn, guests may be photographed or recorded on video while at the property. Prior to utilizing any such imagery on SLWR social media channels, management will seek guest approval. DRONE use by guests is strictly forbidden, due to guest privacy, respect for the ranch livestock, and sensitive wildlife habitat.
- Guests are advised that pets of any kind are not permitted at the Resort.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT (hereinafter "the Release Agreement")
When signing their Booking Agreement, guests must acknowledge that they have read and understood this Release Agreement in favour of SLWR
- Prior to arrival each Guest will be required to complete, sign, and return to SLWR within the time required a guest profile in respect of requested resort activities, dietary restrictions, medical conditions etc. and the Release Agreement
- A pre-trip Declaration of Health (during times of pandemic only)
Guests are solely responsible for:
- Compliance with Canadian entry and customs requirements;
- Appropriate clothing and footwear;
- Travel arrangements to and from SLWR;
- Travel and medical insurance coverage.
The landscape in and around the Resort has been altered due to a significant wildfire event in 2017.