Booking Policies & Guidelines For Your Reservation at Siwash LakeSiwash has been operating for over two decades. During this time, we've fine-tuned our booking guidelines to optimize the guest experience. Policies are exact for this boutique sized, off-the-grid property with very short guest season, high demand for space, and limited capacity.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE DAYS
Tuesdays and Saturdays with 3, 4, and 7 night stays available.
CHECK IN & CHECK OUT TIMES
Check in between 3-6pm
Check out by 11am
The all-inclusive rate includes accommodation, food and beverages, alcohol, guided activities and full use of facilities between dawn and dusk for self guided activities.
There are no guided activities offered on arrival and departure days, however a wide selection of self-guided activities is available on these days. Helicopter adventure, wellness services, reserve wines, transportation to and from the resort, applicable taxes, resort fee, and gratuities are excluded.
Accommodations are assigned upon request at time of booking based on availability. All accommodations are equally priced.
50% deposit is payable by bank wire transfer at time of booking to secure your reservation. The balance is due not less than 60 days prior to arrival date, by bank wire transfer. Rates are billed in Canadian dollars.
1. In the event of a booking cancellation by a guest:
(a) if notice of cancellation is received by SLWR greater than than 60 days prior to the arrival date the deposit will be credited towards a new booking at SLWR within one year of the original arrival date;
(b) if notice of cancellation is received by SWLR less than 60 days prior to the arrival date and:
(i) payment in full has been made then the said payment will be credited to a new booking at SLWR within one year of the original arrival date; or
(ii) the balance of payment has not been made then the deposit will be forfeited to SLWR in full and without any further recourse by the guest.
2. In the event SLWR, through act of God or acts or prohibitions of any governmental authority, fire, weather related event or other cause whatsoever beyond its control, is prevented from fulfilling its obligations to a guest then SWLR will grant to that guest a full credit for a future stay at SLWR. SLWR will not be subject to any further liability and no refund of a deposit or other monies will be made.
3. Smoke from a wildfire(s) does not constitute a valid reason to terminate this agreement.
4. SLWR will not offer a refund, adjustment or credit for early guest departures or for any unused portion of an all-inclusive package.
5. Should any action be filed in Court for a dispute arising from this agreement, venue for any such action is proper only in Kamloops, British Columbia.
Venue for any dispute between the parties arising from this agreement shall be proper only in Kamloops, British Columbia.
⇒ SLWR ENCOURAGES GUESTS TO PURCHASE APPLICABLE AND PROTECTIVE TRAVEL INSURANCE
Total taxes, including a conservation levy are 10%. The conservation and environmental levy is guests' contribution towards SLWR's commitment to fair trade, ethical farming practices, growing food at the Resort and purchasing from local suppliers whenever possible. It helps the Resort maintain a minimal environmental footprint and supports sustainability initiatives, land stewardship and conservation projects. Siwash Lake Wilderness Resort is a top eco-friendly luxury destination in Canada. In choosing to spend time with us guests are travelling responsibly.
A 10% resort fee covers extra service amenities such as daily stocking of in-room refreshment centre, WIFI service, transportation around the Resort, fishing licenses, equipment rental (riding boots and helmets, fishing gear, stand-up paddle boards, kayaks, row boats, canoes, mountain bikes, binoculars) laundry service, phone calls, the book library, and so forth.
GRATUITIES & INCIDENTALS
In North America the standard gratuity is 10-20%. At Siwash Lake Wilderness Resort, gratuities are optional at guest discretion and are distributed among the entire team based on the number of days and hours worked per individual. Cash or e-transfer at the end of stay may pay gratuities and incidentals.
GENERAL RESORT POLICIES
1. If for any reason SLWR cannot deliver a specified component of the facilities, activities and/or services during guests' stay, SLWR reserves the right to offer a reasonable alternative without liability.
2. Each guest will follow all rules of conduct and other health and safety policies for Siwash Lake Wilderness Resort as these are established by SLWR from time to time and as posted in guest room information books.
3. While at the Resort all children to the age of 7 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times.
4. Guests are advised that disrespectful, offensive or abusive behavior will not be tolerated and may result in refusal of service and/or ejection from the Resort property without refund, adjustment or credit by SLWR.
5. Guests are advised that pets of any kind are not permitted at the Resort.
Prior to arrival each guest will be required to complete sign and return to SLWR within the time required:
1. A waiver and release of liability agreement in favour of SLWR; and
2. A guest profile in respect of requested Resort activities, dietary concerns, etc.….
SLWR will provide all relevant forms and signing instructions.
Guests are solely responsible for:
1. Compliance with Canadian entry and customs requirements;
2. Appropriate clothing and footwear;
3. Travel arrangements to and from SLWR;
4. Travel and medical insurance coverage.
The landscape in and around the Resort has been altered due to a significant wildfire event in 2017.